Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Thank you for the Birthday Wishes!

One really cool thing about living in a super-connected social media world is that you hear from a large number of people on your birthday. While I would no doubt prefer to thank everyone individually for the well wishes I received on my birthday, I'm a little swamped with work right now and thought this would be a nice way to say thank you to everyone at once!

Being in Asia is certainly a unique experience because I've essentially had two days that I can consider my birthday. The 13 hour time difference is typically a bit of an inconvenience, but its been pretty cool the last 48 hours.

To everyone who wished me happy birthday through Facebook and email, thank you! Your thoughts and kind words are appreciated; its remarkable how something as simple as a "Happy Birthday" comment posted on Facebook can make someone feel special.

I thought I'd leave everyone with a couple of birthday-related pics before I head to work (its 6:25 AM on Thursday, August 4th here in Taipei....)



I've really cut back on caffeine and Coca-Cola in the past ten years, which is probably remarkable to those of you who hung out with me in high school and college, but I do indulge on occasion. This morning was one of those occasions; that's a super cool 125th anniversary special edition Coke bottle and my hyper-color Perrier glass (the Perrier logo turns from white to green when cold). If you look closely, that is in fact a "shake-weight" commercial on the Asian ESPN in the background. Priceless.....


This is a pic of some bacon-wrapped asparagus at the Japanese style BBQ place that my friend Ching took me last night for my birthday here in Taipei. This was just one of many tasty dishes we had at dinner; many thanks Ching!


Note the "U.S.A." that my Mom added to return address; for some reason, I got a real kick out of this. And of course, thank you Mom and Dad for the card and its contents!

Until next time, peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment