Thursday, July 14, 2011

JD's First Cone

This has nothing to do with Taipei, Asia, penguins, or anything else I've experienced in the last two months. Rather, its about Jack Dog. About 6 years ago, when I was living in a duplex in Austin, Jack would regularly spar with the ninja-neighbor cat Marco. For the most part, it was just highly entertaining, but Marco scored a hit to JD's cornea on one such "sparring" occasion. This led to a relatively benign trip the vet and some eye ointment.

Fast forward to 2011 right before I shipped off to Asia. I take Jack in to the vet to get his check-up before I leave, and she recommends that I get in to see the doggy ophthalmologist because of a small pigment growth in his right eye. Prior to this, I wasn't aware of the fact there even was a doggy ophthalmologist, let alone that I would ever take a pet of mine to one. $178 American dollars later, I was set up to have my dog have eye surgery while I was halfway around the world.

My wonderful Mom was kind enough to take Jack Dog in to the ophthalmologist in Austin for his surgery this past Monday, and he did just fine. However, I now have dirt on my dog. If he ever decides to get uppity, I'll just hit him with this:







It is real hard to look cool with a white cone wrapped around your head, and Jack Dog is no exception to this rule. If dogs could talk, I would imagine you'd be hearing complaints about his inability to lick certain parts of his body. (And no, I'm not referring to his paws.....)

No comments:

Post a Comment